Top Five Reasons To Use a Calligrapher For Your Wedding Stationery
Recently engaged? Congrats to you! This is one of the most important times of your life and please take this planning time to soak in every minute of it. I will tell you from experience, as wonderful as wedding planning is it can be incredibly stressful at times. Between family drama, guest lists, registries and coordinating the whole day you also have to create your stationery and decor. DIY weddings are all the rage but if you don’t have the time and patience, It can be a lot to handle when you have so much to do.
We’ll friends, this is where I can help. I run a company called Sweetly Lived Design and I create custom, hand made and hand lettered stationery and decor for weddings. I went to school to be a teacher, but after six years of working for other people, I decided it was time to embrace my inner creative and work for myself. I have compiled my 5 top reasons to use a calligrapher when creating your wedding stationery. I hope you find this post helpful and of course, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out! Live sweetly everyone!
- Top Reason:You get EXACTLY what you wantWhen wedding planning, I’m sure you have some vision you are going for. Elegant, rustic, boho, a little of everything? I know when I got married I had a vision in my mind but had a hard time putting it into words. When it comes to your stationery and decor, you want those pieces to match what you have in mind. I scrolled through many pages of stationery templates on generic stationery sites and nothing fit what I wanted. The colors were wrong, the aesthetic was off, and when it came to customizing there was just not enough selections. I ended up finding a small local print company in Fort Collins and let me tell you, THEY.WERE.AWESOME! I was able to tell them what I was thinking, gave them color ideas, spoke with them about what I really wanted and my invitations turned out perfectly. A wedding calligrapher or small design company will be a little more expensive, but you get exactly what you pay for. You want to remember your day forever so spending a little extra to have it exactly how you want is worth it. On a budget? No worries there! I am someone who loves to help people out and be sure you have the wedding of your dreams. I am happy to talk prices or give you options to fit your budget.Are you a teacher? I have a special discount for you when you book with me 🥰 If you have a specific design in mind but can’t find it on a generic wedding stationery website, then a calligrapher is just what you need and thankfully you’ve got a friend like me to give you exactly what you are looking for.
- Cut the stressLike I said before, wedding planning can be incredibly stressful. Good news for you, there are many wedding professionals like me who want to help make it smooth and memorable. When you trust a calligrapher like myself to create your stationery for your wedding, you get to control the design, colors and style but then somebody with practice and knowledge in this art medium can bring it all together for you beautifully. When clients book with me, I start with a free consultation to go over packages, ideas and spend the time really getting to know each other. Then we create a timeline of when products get done and shipped to you. No stress, all happiness in this design experience. Girl, go have fun at your bachelorette party and leave the paper and decor to me!
- Build a personal relationship with othersI have another branch of my business which is an Etsy shop creating cards and home decor signs. I love Etsy and I love my customers that I have worked with. The one downfall however, is I don’t actually know my Etsy customers. I have exchanged a few messages with some of them and I follow some of them on Instagram. Other than that, I don’t have a solid relationship with them. The same goes for generic wedding stationery websites. You don’t have relationship with the people designing your stationery so sometimes you don’t get what you exactly wanted. When you use a calligrapher like myself, I make sure to build a solid relationship with you and your partner, get to know your love story and create artwork that reflects who you are as a couple. Plus, who doesn’t love to make new friends along the way? I am someone who really enjoys people and there is nothing better than grabbing a tea at a coffee shop and just spending time with another person (with a mask on and socially distant of course in 2020 😷).
- You support a small businessAnytime you can support a small business, is always a great thing. Big chain corporations definitely are necessary and a good thing in a pinch, but most of the time you find more quality from small shops. People who run small businesses spend every waking minute focused on their business, focused on their individual customers and focused on providing quality products. For your big day, isn’t that what you want? Somebody solely focused on your needs? When you support small business, you are in fact supporting a big dream. I have big dreams of being a very successful women who can support her family. I also have big dreams of being a present mother one day and this small business will allow me to do both. Even though I am new to owning a small business, I promise you I spend 8 hours a day thinking about you and creating beautiful items for you.Please go branch out of your comfort zone and find a small business you want to check out today- you might just give a small business owner a chance at their dreams.
- Lasting MemoriesLike I’ve mentioned before, wedding planning should be something that is fun and memorable. When you use a small business calligrapher for your stationery the memories of designing exactly what you want, building a relationship with someone new and supporting a small business are memories that will last forever. I still remember designing my stationery and it is a very positive memory that I wouldn’t change at all.
I hope you learned something from all of this and I hope you feel excited to find a calligrapher for your wedding! Now, don’t go google wedding calligraphers near me because I’ve got you covered my friend! Sweetly Lived Design is a small business specializing in hand lettered, hand made paper goods including cards, home decor signs and of course wedding stationery! I strive to put you first and help give you a magical wedding planning experience. What are you waiting for? Let’s chat 😊